Dodge Charger Forum banner

Which brand of gas do you prefer for your Charger?

• Shell

Votes: 53 30.1%
  • BP

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • ExxonMobil

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • Chevron

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Citgo

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Casey's

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Meijer

• Wal-Mart

• 7-eleven

• (Other non-listed or local stations)

Votes: 59 33.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of gas do most people use? What brand seems to give you the best MPG?

Hopefully this has not been done before (at least in this capacity, I did a quick search and found nothing).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
well i used to be diehard shell,but for the last few months ive been using exxon,partly because a exxon station is half a mile up the road,and its the same price as shell,cant tell any diff in perf.so either shell or exxon.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I used to only use Chevron and then recently made the switch to Quiktrip and have not noticed any difference other than it seemed that my SRT8 runs a bit rich when I use Chevron but not with QT so not sure why that is :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got my Charger but I typically used Chevron for my Tundra so I figure, the same here.
I've read in a few different areas and am still debating on whether or not I should be putting in Reg or Mid (Plus) in the new 2013 Charger SXT, anyone have a good read on what to put in it?
I read teh compression rate of the V6 3.6L VVT 300 HP works with Reg but the Manual recoomends Mid...

Thankx in advance for any insight or recommendations.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i used shell since i got the car, but lately ive noticed a power loss, i put arco and it seems better now, i read that shell has something that its not compatible with the hemis... but im not sure if im wrong.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Aafes. The 93 Oct I get on post has worked well for me.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
While all gas starts the same, additives that are put in it are different. Chevron is closest to my house, but Shell or 76 are often close. Never Arco or some no name station. I trust the big names with the good additives. Top tier is used loosely, so I go for the trusted names.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts