Dodge Charger Forum banner

Which brand of gas do you prefer for your Charger?

• Shell

Votes: 53 30.1%
  • BP

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • ExxonMobil

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • Chevron

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Citgo

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Casey's

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Meijer

• Wal-Mart

• 7-eleven

• (Other non-listed or local stations)

Votes: 59 33.5%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Shel whenever it's available, then bp, then exxonmobil. I try not to use anything below those. Maybe gulf or Sunoco if I have no other choice :p

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Gas

Sunoco 91 octane

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
i don't think i have ever put anything other than Mobil 93 octane in it. only reason is that Mobil is the only gas card i have.

i guess since the Mobil refinery is only a couple miles from my house in Joilet i can say i am supporting the local workers jobs. lol.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm really weird about my gas, some may even call it OCD. But I ONLY get my gas from a local gas station (called Heffron's, its a sunoco station). It's the only place I go for my 93 Octane, because I KNOW the owner of the company, and he has his own fuel tankers. The gas pipeline is like 4 miles from his station, he goes directly to the pipeline to get his gas so I know where the gas has been.

Alot of stations with multiple stores move their gas around, an example. Station X is out of 87 octane gas, well Station Y has 1000 gallons more than they normally sell in a week. So they take 1000 gallons from Station Y and deliver it to Station X.. Which sucks all the sediment and stuff off the bottom of the tank, and puts it into Station X's tank.

Also, I don't fill up my car within 4 hours of the fuel tanks at my gas station being filled from the tanker. As when the tanker is pumping fuel into the underground tanks, it kicks and stirs up all the sediment and crud at the bottom the tank, and where does that go? Into your gas tank! I ask the owner every time I fill up, when he last put fuel in the tanks. LOL so as you can see I am VERY VERY particular about what fuel goes into my tank.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hess 89 octane with the Predator 89 tune.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Just started using Mobil 91, it seems to make my car run and sound meaner with the Diablo tune on. Chevron is good, but Shell makes my Charger ping too much, but I use Shell 91 octane still in my 97 Ram, it seems to like it

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Use to use Shell 93 but a few years ago I went primarily to Hess 93. Car seems to run better and it's more convenient on the way to work. Will still use Shell tho when I can't get to my local Hess.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I go with whatever is cheapest. As long as it's 93 Octane. (91 Octane out here since people do not believe in 93 Octane. But IMO, I think it's cause only MOPARs can handle 93 Octane. But what do I know? I still do not understand why people would drive something other than a MOPAR).

·
Registered
88 Posts
89 Shell. For V6 Dodge Charger it says "87" is acceptable, but 89 is acceptable in my book.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Might be a duplicate entry, but I use any top tier fuel, most often Costco to save money. Never, never stop at a 7-11 (owned by Venezuela).

41 - 60 of 70 Posts