Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit, 392 LSD diff, AFE, No cats 2.5 exhaust Dynomax bullet muffers
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Charger Pursuit
I3 or I3 platinum...?

Can they both check & cancel codes?

Whai the advantages of the platinum over the regular I3 ?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yes, they both can check and clear codes. However, the only codes they check are the basic powertrain codes; which any OBD2/CAN scanner can do. If you want to check ABS, transmission, etc ... codes you will need a more advanced scanner. I use BlueDriver ... it connects & communicates with my smartphone via Bluetooth.
The regular i3 is 50-state compliant, which makes it legal in California (CARB certified). This also means that CMR custom tunes can not be loaded onto the i3. If you want to install a email custom tune (e.g. Hemifever Tuning) you will want the i3 Platinum.

Reactions: Shooterjgs

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit, 392 LSD diff, AFE, No cats 2.5 exhaust Dynomax bullet muffers
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do believe I’m going to need some custom tuning, as the first thing I’m going to do is put headers, no cat exhaust, and flowtech afterburner mufflers...
K&N OEM air filter
So get the platinum?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m looking at a sale price At hemi fever... i3 + 1 custom stage 1 tune.... $489.
I assume it has to be the platinum... I tried to call them to verify ?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have the i3 platinum and works great..and can load custom tunes and can use on multiple vehicles!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok they want the PCM # To order the Diablo tuner from Hemi fever
I find
1 large lettered 5 digit #710af
1 medium size lettered 6 digit #620370
1 smal lettered 5 digit # 68212 next to the large number

So which number is needed ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok they want the PCM # To order the Diablo tuner from Hemi fever
I find
1 large lettered 5 digit #710af
1 medium size lettered 6 digit #620370
1 smal lettered 5 digit # 68212 next to the large number

So which number is needed ?
Finally got an answer ... even though software is requesting that number it is not needed to place order .....
it’s the little things in life that make you crazy

Thanks for all your patience with all my questions

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow today I got my tuner from hemi fever
I put in the base 96 Octane tune

ohh Lord ... made that motor wake up
it pulls harder and harder from 3500 to 6000 rpms
I have to say I’m kind of impressed

I did not see were to shut MDS off? Or is that only with the custom tune?
I Will not do the custom tune until I get my headers and everything in ...

But impressive for a tiny Little plastic box ..... good job Diablo

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I always use the Advanced Tune menu. When using the Advanced Tune there is a menu to Modify Parameters. The Modify Parameters menu lists all the individual parameters you can change. One of those parameters is enable/disable MDS.
I have the i2 and the i3 menus may vary from the i2.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always use the Advanced Tune menu. When using the Advanced Tune there is a menu to Modify Parameters. The Modify Parameters menu lists all the individual parameters you can change. One of those parameters is enable/disable MDS.
I have the i2 and the i3 menus may vary from the i2.
I3 platinum
I have a Apple laptop
The only software shown is the Ignition app
What software will I need to view my mapping, log files etc...?

I will be doing a custom tune soon as My exhaust system is installed

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The Ignition app downloads & installs updates to the i3. DataViewer app (free download from the DiabloSport website) allows you to view the log files.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I3 platinum
I have a Apple laptop
The only software shown is the Ignition app
What software will I need to view my mapping, log files etc...?

I will be doing a custom tune soon as My exhaust system is installed
Yes. Understand ... only for windows computers
I have a Mac

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Apple/Mac versions of the DataViewer don't exist but you can run Windows on your MAC in order to use the DataViewer program.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Apple/Mac versions of the DataViewer don't exist but you can run Windows on your MAC in order to use the DataViewer program.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ugggg .... that sucks....
I was a computer and software system builder 14 years, and I must tell you windows is the worst operating system ....they are only interested in money and never repairing anything.

I tried running windows on a Mac a few times a few years ago... clunky .. freezes.. junk... not user friendly... especially to people who are not tech savvy
I won’t allow that system on my Apple computers...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Running a Op System on another Op System is typically a PITA. Running Windows on Linux is clunky too. Maybe someone you know has a Windows PC collecting dust and you can use it for the purpose of running DataViewer.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah... Good idea to get a dedicated Windows for the tuner... Ive noticed on the Diablosport forum people having problems with other OP systems other than Windows... Just makes it frustrating...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts