Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're talking about the whistle at 70mph+ or in high wind. My 06 Daytona does this. Its the seal on the windshield, not the car telling you to slow down. I believe there us a TSB on this. Ask the Windshield guy next time you have it replaced so he can put extra sealant, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine does it as well at low rpms, like when i'm pulling out of my carport. I've driven a 2.7 and it had the same noise. I don't know if all Chargers have this but mine is equipped with a air filtration unit to keep dust and pollen out of the ac I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm definatly convinced it's a vacuum leak, just going to be a problem to find no doubt.Owner before me put in one of those stupid TB spacers, thought maybe that was the problem it's comming out soon anyway, maybe that will quiet it down.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I'm definatly convinced it's a vacuum leak, just going to be a problem to find no doubt.Owner before me put in one of those stupid TB spacers, thought maybe that was the problem it's comming out soon anyway, maybe that will quiet it down.
If you have the throttle body spacer on your car now, that is what is making the whistling noise. They whistle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys anyone else notice a high pitch whistling noise coming from the engine bay when accelerating lightly with the windows down? It gets louder and softer with the RPM but if you accelerate hard it goes away. It's only when you push the pedal lightly. I hear it a lot because I drive in the city a lot. It bothers me cause I feel like something is wrong. I searched on here but couldnt come up with a definite answer. Any help is appreciated. :4-dontknow:

Cannister purge solenoid, The hose seems to be too short so it has a sharp bend to it. Pull the solenoid off of the bracket that it is mounted too and move it to the left (towards pass tire).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I slid under the car and found the clamps on the X pipe we touching one another causing my vibration. I shot them with nutbuster, shimmied one to the right a little and viola, I only hear the grumbly sound of a 370 cu gas sucking hog. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting!! I've been hearing this for a minute now and I'm completely baffled on what the noise was or how to fix it. But if it's this common, I'll be good with it... Thanks guys!:TU:

·
Registered
2 Posts
not sure if anyone is going to read this post at all seeing the dates of it. i just recently watched a youtube video, and they were saying that this is a normal thing with hemi engines. if anyone has anything else to add please let me know. i have yet to hear this noise in my car. (keeping fingers crossed)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My car is doing this. It is coming from a vacuum line on the passenger side of the plenum towards the front. Vacuum sucks so hard it is collapsing the line and causing the whistling noise. My car also idles rough and the MDS causes the car to run rough. I wonder if it is all connected. The line goes from plenum to the rear and into another area that has the cap on it that say lock. Sorry not a mechanic when it comes to the new stuff!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a whistlin noise at an idle and light acceleration and I used a rubber hose "stethoscope" and found that there was a slight vacuum leak where the egr tube pushes in to the back of the upper plenum.. I fixed it with silicone, and the whistle stopped

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post here! Hopefully it helps. Had this same whistling noise in my wifes Charger. I did some looking around and found a service bulletin #18-036-08A from 12/3/08. Basically you just have to have the PCM re-flashed. I had it done about a year ago and it hasn't done it since.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts