Dodge Charger Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys anyone else notice a high pitch whistling noise coming from the engine bay when accelerating lightly with the windows down? It gets louder and softer with the RPM but if you accelerate hard it goes away. It's only when you push the pedal lightly. I hear it a lot because I drive in the city a lot. It bothers me cause I feel like something is wrong. I searched on here but couldnt come up with a definite answer. Any help is appreciated. :4-dontknow:

Its an open throttle body. could lead to more major issues but its ur throttle body being open slightly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys anyone else notice a high pitch whistling noise coming from the engine bay when accelerating lightly with the windows down? It gets louder and softer with the RPM but if you accelerate hard it goes away. It's only when you push the pedal lightly. I hear it a lot because I drive in the city a lot. It bothers me cause I feel like something is wrong. I searched on here but couldnt come up with a definite answer. Any help is appreciated. :4-dontknow:
I too have this problem, though I just recently got the car so haven’t dug into it yet. What I can say is I had the exact same noise in a 2010 wrx a long time ago and the problem was in the transmission, it was a final drive gear improperly installed in a replacement transmission that was wearing down. So my first thought of where to look would be in the transmission, try flushing and putting new fluids in the transmission and see if that helps at all first. If it does but then comes back there’s a problem in the transmission.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts