Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rallye with Plus Package
1,864 Posts
If you're referring to the EVIC mpg number, my '15 Rallye with the 3.6 & 8-speed shows 33 or higher for highway driving and around 28 for mixed driving (mostly highway but some city). The only way to know exactly what the mpg is requires calculating it. (Number of miles driven) / (Number of gallons used).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If you're referring to the EVIC mpg number, my '15 Rallye with the 3.6 & 8-speed shows 33 or higher for highway driving and around 28 for mixed driving (mostly highway but some city). The only way to know exactly what the mpg is requires calculating it. (Number of miles driven) / (Number of gallons used).
That's the bottom line. The MPG as displayed by the EVIC is meaningless.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Recently bought a Durango GT Plus with the 3.6L and 8-speed auto. From the very 1st test drive (it had 8 miles on it brand new!), we noticed the MPG reading on the dash. Was showing something like mid 14s. OK, brand new, lots of idling??? It never came up past low 15s even with my wife test driving it around at like 45 mph. I drove it home, on mostly 45 - 50 mph roads very easy in Eco Mode, and it still never got above upper 15s. Hmmm... So, after me driving it to work at 60 mph mostly highway, still no appreciable change. Advertised to get about 21 mpg combined, but mostly highway should be even higher. So, after a couple tanks of gas, and motor mostly broken in, I calculated old-school. At next couple fill ups, took mileage driven and divided number of gallons used, and was getting steady 21 mpg combined - right where it should be! I now have over 3K miles on it, and still hovers in the 14 - 15 range - ALWAYS! Even after re-setting. Came to the conclusion info for mpg on EVIC is USELESS! If you want to know your actual mileage, calculate old-school.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
9 Posts
I've always tracked my gas mileage (don't know why...just have...) and did it Olde Skool with a notepad.
But many years ago I started using the Fuelly app.
I'm sure there are others - this is simply the one I use.

The free version lets you track MPG and a few other metrics - maybe bareboned for an app but it does what I need it to do. ;)

Just like I tracked on my old notepad - you fill the tank up full, punch in how many gallons it took and your odometer,
You have miles, you have gallons, you have miles per gallon. :)

Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts