Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have had several Dodge vehicles, first car was a 2005 Dodge magnum back in 2014ish, then in 2019 I got a 2016 Charger SXT, then just a month ago beginning of November of this year. I upgraded once again to a 2019 Charger RT that came with a muffler delete, and custom mufflers so it sounds really mean for a 5.7 Hemi. I've been in love with the widebody look since it became a factory setup on the dodge, I plan to upgrade again to a Scat Pack widebody or a used Hellcat in about 15-18 months. I want to widebody my RT do I do it, or is that a waste of money and a bad idea. I'm thinking I could lose trade-in value and what not, but I'm not experienced or old enough to know for sure.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just one I found on the internet. Friend and I were talking about this subject last month

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You're looking at a LOT of money and time. To make it look right, you'll also need wider wheels and tires, since these have negative offset as opposed to positive to fill out the wheel wells.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm not upgrading again till a year and a half at best, so I'm not necessarily in a hurry to do it, looking at fender flares is about as far as I've gotten, I've only had the car a little over a month. But I've seen Hellcat replica wheels for like $200-300 a piece don't know if they're replica go as far as being as wider as the actual wheels, but I'll definitely look into it appreciate all the insight and info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right now, with the used car market so hot, I'm looking to upgrade to a new WB, "IF" the deficit isn't too much! :)
I think everybody is trying to get their hands on a widebody or are just not letting them go because the ones I've seen the prices are definitely up there. Best bet I'd think would be getting a new prior year so 2020 if you can find one, and they're still doing all the incentives to get rid of them, I don't know if they're. But like the power dollars, employee pricing all that jazz. I know a lot of people took advantage already, but who knows you may be able to find one. Best of luck on your search though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think everybody is trying to get their hands on a widebody or are just not letting them go because the ones I've seen the prices are definitely up there. Best bet I'd think would be getting a new prior year so 2020 if you can find one, and they're still doing all the incentives to get rid of them, I don't know if they're. But like the power dollars, employee pricing all that jazz. I know a lot of people took advantage already, but who knows you may be able to find one. Best of luck on your search though.
I have a 2019 Scat Pack and am looking into it too. The thing I don't like is that you have to cut your fenders if you want the wide wheels. The Vicrez kit looks really good, you really need to go with more than just the flares though to make the fit look really good, at minimum I'd say the side side skirts too. I'd probably go with the front splitter too. I priced it all out and it's about a 5K job. Not bad if you love the look of the wide body, which I do. I think it gives the car a very aggressive look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 2019 Scat Pack and am looking into it too. The thing I don't like is that you have to cut your fenders if you want the wide wheels. The Vicrez kit looks really good, you really need to go with more than just the flares though to make the fit look really good, at minimum I'd say the side side skirts too. I'd probably go with the front splitter too. I priced it all out and it's about a 5K job. Not bad if you love the look of the wide body, which I do. I think it gives the car a very aggressive look.
I'm with you 100%, my situation is a little bit different though. As I stated originally I started with a 2016 SXT in 2019, upgraded to RT in November, both used. Neither car paid off or will be paid off when I'm done, I'm really leaning towards the new Scat Pack in about 14 months or so hopefully I can get my hand on a why body either 2020 or 2021 with no miles which will be the car I keep and pay completely off. But I may do the whole thing, as you mentioned I haven't really decided yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm with you 100%, my situation is a little bit different though. As I stated originally I started with a 2016 SXT in 2019, upgraded to RT in November, both used. Neither car paid off or will be paid off when I'm done, I'm really leaning towards the new Scat Pack in about 14 months or so hopefully I can get my hand on a widebody either 2020 or 2021 with no miles which will be the car I keep and pay completely off. But I may do the whole kit, front splitter, side skirts etc. I'm really still in the deciding stage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well good luck. I live NJ and am starting to look around for a body shop that will do the job. I’d like to use someone who has done it before.
Yeah, you're way ahead of me, than again I've only had said car I want to widebody for less than two months. I'm assuming you've had yours longer than that. I'll definitely take the same route, I don't care if I have to drive 500 miles I'll definitely only do it with someone that specializes in widebodying cars or has a great deal of experience doing so. But good luck to you as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts