Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,
This is my first post ever. So I apologize about any rules I break with this post.

I purchased my first car in November 2018. It is a charger SRT 392. My first car handed down to me was altima 97 then a solara 2002 .I still have my solara 2002 but I’m daily driving my SRT 392 in hilly Tallahassee lately.

I need traction for the hot humid days, wet days and hills . I have Toyo proxes on it right now.

After reading a few posts. Seems like continental extreme contact have better reviews than Pirelli p zeros . I’m leaning towards continental .

However before I get the same width? I want to know how much more width can I put on my standard 20 inch rims ? ( I don’t want to buy new rims . if I need to buy new rims for wider tires please advise so) thank you in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Standard 20 inch rims / 9 or 9.5 . I wonder how wide of tires I can go all around without any modification .

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the Z!

Take a look at the tires that you're running now. Do you have the 245s or the 275s? If you have the 245s, you can probably put some 275s on the rear, if you're already running 275s you might be able to go a bit wider.

Check out the wheels/ tire section or search a bit. I'm sure this topic has been convered in great detail.

good luck,

Exco

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Congrats on the new car and Welcome to the site. I hate to be that guy, but the scat pack isn't an SRT, it's an R/T package powered by SRT. The wheels are 20x9 most likely unless you have the dynamic package which I'm not sure was offered in 2015. That would have the 20x9.5 and those come with the 275/40r20's. If it's a stock Scat pack then you have 245/45r20's and yes, the 275/40r20's fit on a 9" wide wheel. Wider will get you better traction. The continental is a good tire to consider but they're one of the more expensive tires. Take a look at the General G-Max or the Cooper RS3-G1's. Both awesome tire choices for less money. I personally love the coopers. I've had 2 sets of them and they're awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Z!

Take a look at the tires that you're running now. Do you have the 245s or the 275s? If you have the 245s, you can probably put some 275s on the rear, if you're already running 275s you might be able to go a bit wider.

Check out the wheels/ tire section or search a bit. I'm sure this topic has been convered in great detail.

good luck,

Exco

Thank you I sure will. I’m definitely running 275s. Ya I’m searching the forum for more threads and insight. I see some members jump to 305s . Whatever width I choose I would hope I can go all around . I don’t drag race or anything so intense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new car and Welcome to the site. I hate to be that guy, but the scat pack isn't an SRT, it's an R/T package powered by SRT. The wheels are 20x9 most likely unless you have the dynamic package which I'm not sure was offered in 2015. That would have the 20x9.5 and those come with the 275/40r20's. If it's a stock Scat pack then you have 245/45r20's and yes, the 275/40r20's fit on a 9" wide wheel. Wider will get you better traction. The continental is a good tire to consider but they're one of the more expensive tires. Take a look at the General G-Max or the Cooper RS3-G1's. Both awesome tire choices for less money. I personally love the coopers. I've had 2 sets of them and they're awesome.
Thank you Stevens ! Ok so I have 20x9 . Ohh ok so I will look around for the coopers or Gmax. Have you gone wider than 275 yet?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Thank you Stevens ! Ok so I have 20x9 . Ohh ok so I will look around for the coopers or Gmax. Have you gone wider than 275 yet?
No, On the stock wheel, 20x9, 275 is all the wider I should/can go. If I had different wheels, then I'd consider a 315 but only if I had a wheel to support that width (20x10).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts