Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 2800 to 3000 stall torque converter for my 06 5.7 r/t. I have cam and head work done i upgraded the rear gear to a 3.06 getrag. My 1/4 mile times are around 13.3's I'm not regular drag racer but my times are disappointing. Will a torque converter get it into the 12s?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fti 2800 to 3000 stall it's seeme to be loosening up the more i drive it around. O probably only put 200 miles on since it was installed

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to HemiLonestar's comment. I know FTI is a popular choice and I have seen many run anywhere from 3200 all the way up to 3500 stall. I was curious what brand and stall gave 7 tenths drop.....that's a lot!

On a side note, how are you liking your stall?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's taking some getting use to. Never had any type of stall converter. But starting to like it. It don't to drop as bad in the rpms when shifting

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to HemiLonestar's comment. I know FTI is a popular choice and I have seen many run anywhere from 3200 all the way up to 3500 stall. I was curious what brand and stall gave 7 tenths drop.....that's a lot!

On a side note, how are you liking your stall?
I had a Circle D 2800 in my truck; literally changed the nature of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You may need to just practice, and make sure everything works together ( what rpm is your cam for? Are you running in the right rpm ) you did not mention a tuner, that would help, cam and head work will pump a lot more air you may need large injectors, sounds like a lot of work,,, but you could take to a dyno tuner it would take all the guest work out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts