Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 R/T rwd, stock 245/45r20s on stock 20x9 chrome wheels.
Got 4 Blizzaks in 275/40r20 as they don't make my exact size.
Tire height is exactly the same at 28.7"
Sidewall the same at 4.3"
Stock is 9.6" wide, Blizzaks are 10.8"
Not worried about the control arm bolt, but will the fronts rub at full turn? My tire guy had concerns.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have 275 in call corners w no issues. But winter tires are meant to be more narrow. You might lose a lot of traction due to the width.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
If those are your stock R/T chrome wheels, they are 20x8, not 20x9. Up until 2015, 20x9's were reserved for SRT's because they have the correct spindles for it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I use the police steel wheels for winter with a 225-60-18 tire. Like I said the 275s are way too wide for snow. I use 275s on my summer wheel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to keep diameter & sidewall same as stock and can't afford extra wheels.
Blizzaks aren't available in 245/45 so the 275/40s were my only choice that matched.
There are cheaper no-names in my size, as well as Pirelli, but I wanted Blizzaks.

My city does a good job of plowing so deep snow isn't a concern, grabbing on ice is.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger SXT AWD
66 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and drove RWD cars all my life...'77 Monte Carlo, '89 Camaro, 2000 Firebird. All year round never had snow tires just all season tires. Unless you get a lot of ice storms?? I wouldn't sweat it. Just go slower and don't follow close. I always would say as soon as Winter hit I would get on my "snow" shoe and drive like a Grandma :)))) Sometimes it actually can be fun driving in the snow with RWD as long as you know your car and have some skills ;))) Even now with the Charger, I found myself still driving it, when it snowed, like I was in the Firebird haha But, I did a few tests on how it stopped and went around corners and it performed really well!! :))

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I remember you.
You're on my ignore list on Ramforum for the same reason as you are here now too!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and drove RWD cars all my life...'77 Monte Carlo, '89 Camaro, 2000 Firebird. All year round never had snow tires just all season tires. Unless you get a lot of ice storms?? I wouldn't sweat it. Just go slower and don't follow close. I always would say as soon as Winter hit I would get on my "snow" shoe and drive like a Grandma :)))) Sometimes it actually can be fun driving in the snow with RWD as long as you know your car and have some skills ;))) Even now with the Charger, I found myself still driving it, when it snowed, like I was in the Firebird haha But, I did a few tests on how it stopped and went around corners and it performed really well!! :))
I just park the Charger for the winter and drive an old Subaru Outback till the Spring. I hate getting the Charger dirty even ini the summer and even then drive it like a Grandma ! 🤪

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to keep diameter & sidewall same as stock and can't afford extra wheels.
Blizzaks aren't available in 245/45 so the 275/40s were my only choice that matched.
There are cheaper no-names in my size, as well as Pirelli, but I wanted Blizzaks.

My city does a good job of plowing so deep snow isn't a concern, grabbing on ice is.
Tire Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber Tread

Blizzaks are ok but I personally went Continental DWS 06 275/40/20 those tires are all season but they are so great in winter snow and wet conditions they compare them to snow tires. They make them in the 245s as well. I do demon rims on my ride so it's a bit wider with 9.5 width in front and 10.5 in back. And at 275 I get no rub I did get rub on dips slightly when I ran 305s and 295s.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger SXT AWD
66 Posts
I just park the Charger for the winter and drive an old Subaru Outback till the Spring. I hate getting the Charger dirty even ini the summer and even then drive it like a Grandma ! 🤪
Nooo Nooo get out and drive that Charger!! Ten years from now you aren't going to say hmmm I wish I drove that Subaru a little bit more! You would die if you saw the salt on my Charger right now!! I'll wash it SOON!! I also don't get the worry over driving the RWD Chargers in the snow??? These cars are waaay heavier than my Firebird was and I made it almost 22 years in WI!! Although I did take vacation days on the heavy snow days hahaha which wasn't often. BUT really get out and drive it. I didn't lay down over $30K to have it sit in the garage!! The picture I attached is of my 2000 Firebird the last time I washed it before trading it in on my Charger. Keep in mind that is 22 years of WI winters. All you have to do is wash and wax it:))
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts