Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to this form so I apologize if this has been asked (I searched but didn't find what I was looking for).

I have a 2010 AWD SXT that I bought new, its my daily driver.
Last winter near the end of March my heater stopped during the last cold snap (-30C). I blew luke warm air at best, so I changed my thermostat figuring it was due as it was the original one but this didn't help. I used the bleeder screw to remove any air in the system and made sure my coolant level wasn't low but it didn't help.
Since winter was almost over I figured I'd deal with it and try to fix it myself in the warmer weather coming.

This past summer I tried a heater core flush. I used a temp gun for a before and after reading and once i got to normal driving temperature the output was about 10C warmer than before. I figured I fixed it and didn't think much of it.

Now come the past few weeks its started to get chilly but my heat is sometimes good and sometimes its not warm both a normal engine temperature. I'm pretty sure I have all the air out of the system and I'm not low in coolant and no visible leaks. The only thing else I've noticed that might mean something is when I put the control to blow down towards my feet, I don't feel any air but it seems to work in the other positions.
Also I'm due for a coolant flush but I figured I'd wait to do that until I hopefully have this figured out. I'm not sure if that could be causing the problem?

Anyone have any suggestions for my next step?? I'm trying not to break the bank on this as I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep this car

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome aboard, Al.

I doubt there's a coolant flow issue.

Your problem might be with either the HVAC panel or one of the door solenoids that direct cold, hot, or blended air to the various oulets.

First order of business would be to scan for DTCs. I'm not sure that a basic OBD-II scanner will read HVAC codes, but an advanced unit will. If you have access to AlfaOBD or DiagFCA, they'll do the trick.

You could also try the "key dance": https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/do-it-yourself-diagnostic-test-no-obd-reader-needed.32743/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts