Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a charger 2012 RT
Since they put the wrong battery my wiper don’t wanna turn off and I now have a new battery but my wipers are still the same , we tried changing the wiper fuses and it’s still the same does anyone have had a similar problem? Can someone help me out please

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Did you place the fuse back in the exact spot? I had an issue like this and the fuse was one spot over. Placed back in the correct spot and the wipers turned off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the fuses were put in the same spot and it’s still kept doing the same thing ,
Did you place the fuse back in the exact spot? I had an issue like this and the fuse was one spot over. Placed back in the correct spot and the wipers turned off.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
In addition to the wiper motor fuse there's the wiper motor relays (front wiper #1 and front wiper #2). Did you remove/replace the relays? The wiper motor is controlled through the Body Control Module (BCM). If the fuses/replays are good, and the wiper position on the turn-signal stalk is in the Off position, the problem may be the BCM. You can attempt to reset the BCM by disconnecting the negative battery cable. Leave the battery cable disconnected for a few minutes (~ 5 minutes) and reconnect it. While the battery is disconnected you can also remove the BCM wiring harness connectors and reattach them. It may not make a difference but it's one more thing you can try before you need to start probing electrical contacts and running diagnostics.
If the problem is not resolved, after reattaching BCM connectors and battery cable, plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any diagnostic codes have been logged. You will need a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes). There are some BCM codes for the wipers but they are Bxxxx Body codes.

The BCM is located under the dash behind the glove box. Items (2),(3) are the wiring harness connectors.

·
Registered
277 Posts
remove the power center cover and find the relay for the wipers....switch it with a similar relay in the box and see if that fixes the problem... if it does replace the relay.. [there may be another problem that caused the relay to fry, hopefully not] .your fuse box should be very similar to this..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts