Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wish I owned this car! In fact, it is one of my long term goals now, and when I do finally own it, I can't imagine needing to do any performance mods. I'm not speaking of people that would buy this car to drag race and compete in. I'm talking about your average daily driver/stop light to stop light racer, like myself.

I don't drop tranny's and rebuild engines, but I do turn my own wrenches on the smaller projects/fixes on my vehicles. From what I've read, Dodge has covered just about everything, and I'm sure it was necessary to squeak out 707 hp. Even if there are some plausible mods to be done, after a stock of 707 hp what is another 20, 30 or even 40 hp really going to do?

On top of that, they have the three (really four if you count custom) driving modes that alters the car's performance: Street, Sport, and Track. I think these modes are pretty self-explanatory to most of us.

These cars also come with two different keys, one red, one black. The black is supposed to be used when you're using the car as a daily driver/commuter. The red key unlocks the full potential of the car. To me it seems a bit unnecessary, I'm sure the black key will end up on my wife's key chain. I want the full potential at the drop of a hat.

I'm not begrudging anyone who will do performance mods on this car, in fact I am a bit curious to see what people will come up with. I am just giving my own opinion. For my own tastes, this is a Mod for Show only car.

I'm also open to enlightenment. If you feel I'm off base, by all means tell me! :D

Most of you may have already been here, but here is a nice page to read more about this car.
http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/charger-srt-hellcat/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As much as I like our style, I love that the HC sticks out from the others. Surprisingly enough, as much as I love the Dodge Crosshair, this car is still threatening without it, beastly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts