Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My charger won’t start. When I press the start button the steering wheel and brake are locked up and the dash flashes white and the check engine light comes on. And makes clicking sounds

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well, you need to.

If it doesn't start, you can't bring it to Autozone or Advance Auto and ask them to do it...even if they're still doing that during the pandemic.

For an LD Charger, the best diagnostic tool is an ELM327-compatible Bluetooth OBD adapter and AlfaOBD for Android.

If you're looking for a less expensive solution with a very short learning curve, you can pick up a simple OBD code reader from Wallyworld, that auction website, or that other big website named after a river in South America for less than $20.

Might want to take the battery to a parts store and get it load tested, and go to this website to find out whether your car has an outstanding alternator recall.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
How old is the car's main battery? Have it load tested.

Reactions: Tyrece23

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with getting the battery load tested. My 2012 SXT Plus wouldn't start back in December and I had to use the fob to get it to start. Check engine light came on and I took it to the dealer and they said it was showing the throttle control was the problem. I had it replaced and everything was fine for a couple of weeks then the EVIC started turning white again when it started. I took it and had the battery checked and it was rated for over 700 cranking amps but was showing only 215 when tested. I still wonder if I had gotten the battery checked the first time if it would have saved me the money I spent on the throttle control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts