Dodge Charger Forum banner

Won't start

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nookiemonster82 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2007 Dodge Charger 2.7 L SE

It won't start.

Looks like plenty of battery power. It started and then stalled three times and now won't even start today or even make a noise. Not a click, not a whirr, nada.

I put the key in, turn it, gauges and radio work, try to start, not a sound.

I tried jumping it and still not a sound.

I'm thinking starter relay, starter, alternator, maybe even the ignition.

Any ideas? It is dead in the driveway.

Thanks

#2 ·
Since there's no clicking when you turn the key to the Start position, it could be one of the following:

Ignition switch and key lock cylinder
Starter relay (located in the engine bay fuse box)

It could also be the starter solenoid (integrated in with the starter) but you should still be able to hear the starter relay click in the engine bay.

The other possibility is the ASD (Auto Shutdown) relay or the Park/Neutral position switch.

The ASD is energized prior to the starter motor being engaged. If the ASD relay is defective the engine will not start. The ASD relay is in the engine bay fuse box.

If the Transmission Range Sensor, or Park/Neutral Switch, in the shifter/console assembly are misaligned or defective then the starter will not engage (part of the interlock where the car will not start if the transmission is not in park/neutral and the brake pedal is not depressed).
.​

#3 ·
I realize this is an old discussion. But I want to add a solution in case someone else is looking for help. If you tried to start it 3 times and were unsuccessful and now its completely dead. Then you are now dealing with Dark Mode. Its integrated into the Skim or Anti Theft system on the car. Your car thinks it's being stolen. So you will need to reinsert a working key immobilizer or chip into the ignition..you either have a dead battery in your key fob or your WIN module is faulty. Could even be as simple as a bad wire I'm the ignition. But I'd definitely do some research on the Chrysler Skim and WIN module. And get your wallet ready because those keys and that module are not cheap. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.