1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You likely don't have the same clearances nor do you have the piston squirters; why do you think a Hellcat pump is what you need? Or is this "I read it on Facebook so it must be true"?
First I've heard of clearance being an issue? And I didn't know the hellcat had squirter like a harley. The whole reasoning is I do not wanna haveta go back into the engine because of the stock pump.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Would not know anything about the Hellcat pump except that it was designed for Hellcats. Arrington put the Melling pump in my 1st stroker back in 2016. I have used the same pump in the last two stokers with no problems.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
There is higher pressure and higher volume. A stock pump will not be less than you need but if you are going in there why not.
The higher pressure Melling a spring rate change, period, the higher volume Hellcat is wider impellers.
If you put the impellers on a table with the flat sides or bores facing up the hellcat's would be a little taller. I would not doubt if it had a spring rate also just for pressure but the Hellcat engine generates massive heat and much about that engine is cooling. @WOT the injectors are held open just to name one.

The Hellcat pump is actually lest costly 68195993AC rockauto $134.79.
The MELLING 10452 same place is $168.49.

Take your pick.

Reactions: MtnRT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole point of doing this? Is the car has idle time in the winter. I bought it last fall. 200k miles. Engine was quiet. I could hear it getting noisier and noisier as winter progressed. I don't want to have to do this every other year.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
What kind of build?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
No sense in arguing, his mind is made up.

Points to consider:
Hellcat lifters are only so when installed in a hellcat engine, otherwise they are MOPAR Non-MDS lifters used everywhere else.
Do not mix MDS Cams & Lifters.
Buy MOPAR lifters, especially not EngineTech lifters.
Do not use Felpro (pop-off) valve stem seals, ComCams 531-16 are good.
New valve springs 6868 0909 AB
Comp Cams sells a set of push rods a touch longer to help avoid valve train noise.

While your heads are off and you can clearly see & access motor mounts and heater and reservoir hoses, change them.

Good luck. Post build progress & pics here.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
First I've heard of clearance being an issue? And I didn't know the hellcat had squirter like a harley. The whole reasoning is I do not wanna haveta go back into the engine because of the stock pump.
Bearing clearances lol....the 5.7 is not a purpose built performance engine. The 6.1, 6.4 and 6.2 Hellcat were/are, all including piston oil squirters.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts