Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done with my Danko lip and grille install. Not gonna say it was easy, but the finished product was worth every second. I got some extra mesh from Mo to do the lower grille insert to match the grille mesh itself. Not sure how many have done this to the lower section yet but I think it looks pretty darn good. Here's some pics and a short vid of the scanner.

Here's one before I put it back on the car, shows the upper and lower mesh a little better:

Post-Install:

I tried a little trick with some plastic door trim liner and edge out the grille and the edge of the lower grille where I sanded off the plastic brackets that hold the OEM grille in place. I think it gave it a pretty clean finished look:

Here you can kind of see the door trim liner lining the edge to give it a cleaner look, the tab looking thing is from the bottom plastic that connected to the belly pan:

Quick vid of the scanner(first time using iPhone video... ugh):

IMG 0380 - YouTube

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys!

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
Sweet! And your are a true BOSS with that being on the couch to take the pic! :D Love the scanner!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! And your are a true BOSS with that being on the couch to take the pic! :D Love the scanner!
I'm so chill even my mods sit on the couch :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It does all colors right?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does all colors right?
The scanner? No I just went for the red scanner. I plan on doing the whole engine bay in red in a few months.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Man that looks BADA$$$$$$, Love it man - Congrats!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
That thing is sick man!!!! Is it easier to install the lip with the front clip off? Still waiting for my Danko but getting some knowledge on before hand!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That thing is sick man!!!! Is it easier to install the lip with the front clip off? Still waiting for my Danko but getting some knowledge on before hand!
Yeah, it's a hell of a lot easier with the fascia off. Took me maybe 45 minutes to install the lip after I took the OEM lower grille insert out. It is possible to install the lip without taking the fascia off though. Mo did a great write-up to do it: http://chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146531&highlight=install+danko+front+spoiler

·
Registered
84 Posts
That looks great! I hope to be doing something similar early next year. I never thought to ask Mo about the bottom grille. I was worried how the diamond mesh would look with the honeycomb bottom. Now I need not worry.

Great Job!

BTW: The mesh you used, is that the large or the regular diamond mesh? Thanks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks great! I hope to be doing something similar early next year. I never thought to ask Mo about the bottom grille. I was worried how the diamond mesh would look with the honeycomb bottom. Now I need not worry.

Great Job!

BTW: The mesh you used, is that the large or the regular diamond mesh?
Thanks! The mesh I used is the Jumbo Diamond Mesh version.

Good job matching the lower mesh. Nicely done. Reps.
Thanks man! :TU:

Reactions: TheyCallMeMike

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Wow. That looks good. Love the mesh on the bottom!

You gave a lot of people a great idea!!! Reps!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts